Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cauliflower Curry Soup or Aloo Gobi Soup

Last night I tried a recipe that I had been holding onto for awhile - Curried Cauliflower Cream Soup from The Splendid Table Weeknight Dinner emails.  It really couldn't be easier - garlic, onions, potatoes, cauliflower, curry powder and broth cooked together for a total of 35 minutes (there are a couple of steps in there, but minimal chopping and mostly inactive time) and then blended with an immersion blender.  Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a dollop of yogurt and you've got a great light creamy soup.  The best part is the cheddar tartines (let's be honest, it's cheesy bread) to dip in the soup.

I refer to it as Aloo Gobi Soup or Cauliflower Curry Soup mainly because there is no cream and I love aloo gobi.  I also figured it was a way to get Austin a little more excited about cauliflower.  I would definitely make this again, perhaps tweaking the spices to make it a bit more complex.  For dinner in a hurry, though, it's a winner.

Look for the recipe at Brooklyn Forager when I get back on track posting over there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails