Friday, May 7, 2010

Red, White and Drunk All Over by Natalie MacLean

It seems I have a tendency to finish each month's non-fiction book in the month after I start it, but I get it done nonetheless! 

This book was actually a really interesting and information-packed exploration of wine, literally (as the longer title suggests) from grape to glass.  Natalie MacLean is a wine writer from Canada who fell into wine writing and has taken her journey across the US and Europe to compile great stories about the growing of pinot noir and Champagne, as well as the processes behind wine making, wine tasting and wine selling (with some wine collecting in there to boot).

The style of the book is approachable and informative and I found I wished I was reading with a highlighter and pencil to retain more of the information.  Since Natalie packages this information as a memoir of her discoveries as well, it is not overwhelming or overly thick.  I will definitely keep this one on the shelf and revisit it in the future as a resource.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails