Saturday, January 23, 2010

When life gives you lemons...and oranges...

I have been given the gift of more free time these days which makes achieving some of these tasks a whole lot easier (and of course some a lot harder).  This week, I made my first solo attempt at jam - a Meyer lemon and Cara Cara orange marmalade for my canning project.  It almost feels like cheating because this task fulfills another blog post, a new recipe, the first of 12 canning challenges, jams from scratch (this fueled the fire so much that I'll be making a Raspberry Lime jam soon which will more completely fulfill "jams" and of course more jams to come in the canning project), and now I've blogged about it and am putting the cash in my special fund.  That's a whole lot of mileage out of one task, but it actually felt so great to set my mind to it and get it done.  So I'm going to just appreciate that I was successful and will go on to try more canning recipes. 

Of course, I never really liked marmalade, so the next challenge will be using it up, but I think it'll have a lot of good uses and I'll learn to like it!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails