Sunday, July 25, 2010

Everyone Says I Love You

I rewarded myself after a long week with a lazy night in with the dog, Netflix streaming and a glass of wine.  I generally find the whole Netflix thing hard because of all the hundreds of movies that are available to me, I can almost never pick *the* movie that I want to see right now.  That's even harder with streaming because the movies are not the Oscar nominees or big blockbusters that at least I know I should see.

Netflix streaming does have Starz movies only available for a short time which helped me pick Woody Allen's Everyone Says aI Love You last night.  It was my only movie with a deadline, one that I've wanted to see pretty much since 1997 when it came out and it's not really available on DVD via Netflix.  So, it won out.

I enjoyed the movie, although I couldn't really tell if it was taking itself seriously (as seriously as a musical comedy can) or it it was trying to be tongue-in-cheek about the whole musical thing.  I don't think the story really went anywhere and there were too many overlapping stories to really make you feel like there was one big dramatic arc, but it was light.  The singing also was pretty mediocre, but I don't think that Drew Barrymore, Ed Norton, Alan Alda, Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts or Woody Allen were chosen for their singing voices.  All in all, I have it a solid three stars since it was fun, but I didn't get too caught up in it and I definitely don't need to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails