Sunday, July 25, 2010

Working on my Fitness

I haven't decided when I get to cross off the exercise tab.  Because really, if you want to get technical, I probably get to once I've finished one week with four days of exercise for 45 minutes.  The spirit of the item, though, is to really make this a habit.  So I'm going to give myself a little bit more time before I start patting myself too hard on the back.

For a couple of weeks, I was hitting the gym about three times and getting in some sort of fun maybe-fitness weekend activity (like whitewater rafting or dancing on Fire Island).  This past week, however, was the first time that I really had full on workouts for the whole week.  My new workout schedule is a 2-1/2-1 plan which is two days of strength training (one day upper body, one day lower) and cardio (roughly 30 minutes each although I skimp on the cardio if I'm running late) and one day of either longer cardio (45-60 minutes) or some fun class or outdoor activity like yoga or whatever strikes my fancy.

I'm planning on continuing this for another couple of weeks at least or until I have to stop for personal reasons (which will be some time in the next two months).  I will have to think about whether I get to cross it off then or if I should wait until I'm back on track again to make sure I've really picked up the habit. For now, I'm just excited about the workouts which included two yoga classes and a lot of sore muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails