Friday, October 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo is Coming!

November is NaNoWriMo month! The goal is to write a novel of 50,000 words in 30 days.  It does not have to be good and we're not supposed to edit.  Just get it all down on paper and think about it later.  I've never tried anything of this magnitude ever, so I'm very excited to give it a try.  I also realized that my 101 things deadlines only gives me two shots, so the pressure is on, friends.  

The novel must be original (not already a work-in-progress), but you can use character sketches, plot ideas, things you've thought about before.  I'm trying to use October to at least think of things I could write about enough to get 50,000 words.  So far I have some ideas, but they shift daily.  I'm using 750Words to write a little bit every day (to finish the novel, one needs to write 1600 words a day!) and try to gather those thoughts.  

750Words is modeled on the morning pages concept (with the glaring difference that Julia Cameron wants you to hand write and apparently so do scientists so that your brain and your hands are engaged), and it is mostly working so far.  I did miss one day in October, so I can't say that I'll get to cross that one of the list this month, but I'm on a 6 day streak, so that bodes well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails