Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All the Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison

book cover of 

All the Pretty Girls 

 (Taylor Jackson, book 1)

by

J T Ellison

I convinced myself that there was a film, in addition to Kiss the Girls, with Ashley Judd based on this book.  I almost always prefer reading the book first and so I ordered the book from PaperbackSwap and had it on my list for quite some time.  That was before I took the time to notice that it was written in 2007 and realized how unlikely that might be.  But it was also after I read the book and I'm not sorry about that.

I figured out the mystery in this thriller fairly early on.  Still, I wasn't sure and J.T. Ellison kept serving up just enough details to keep me unsure and even lead me down slightly different paths.  If I hadn't had an inkling, I would say this book had some interesting twists.  If you're suspicious from the start, it's still an enjoyable read.

Depending on how you look at it, there is one significant fallout from my mistake about the movie.  Apparently, this is the first book in a series about Detective Taylor Jackson.  As noted in my confessional about cozy mysteries, I have a tendency to stick through a series.  I already ordered the second book in this series (there are three so far that I have found) and will give it a shot.  Austin might kill me for getting started on a new series when I have so many books waiting, but it's always good to have another one in the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails