Tuesday, August 31, 2010

High Five by Janet Evanovich

As fun quick-read mysteries go, I have a couple of series in my arsenal.  I've already come out of my bakery shop mysteries and hinted at the tea shop ones which fall into the same cheesy, light and recipe-laden mysteries.  The other series that I mix in when I need something on the lighter side is the Stephanie Plum series.  Stephanie Plum is a former lingerie-buyer turned bounty hunter in 1990s New Jersey (near Trenton).  Her family and her adventures are hilarious.

The fifth book, High Five, follows the fairly predictable Stephanie Plum plot scheme - a small-time bounty assignment or family assignment (in this case both) leads to a series of dangerous and funny escapades.  I think this one is, so far, the funniest of the bunch.  I actually laughed out loud several times (which was difficult since I'm sore and laughing did not feel that awesome) and raced through the book in just a couple of hours.  As many Stephanie Plum readers will acknowledge, Stephanie's grandmother, Grandma Mazur, was the source of 95% of the laughter.

I love these books and have the next couple on standby to mix in with other things.  They're so much fun.

(Note: I'm pretty behind on updating books, so there will be plenty more to come in the next couple of days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails