Sunday, March 21, 2010

Crockpot Pulled Pork and Crab Cakes

This weekend, I tried out two new recipes which are worth noting and will definitely count as food blog entries once I get around to writing about them and putting them up on Brooklyn Forager.

The first was Ina Garten's crabcakes with remoulade.  I was nervous about these since the first few turned out crumbly and not quite browned enough.  My husband thanked me for the early errors since he got to try them out and once I got in my groove, the recipe got the Austin seal of approval. 

The second was pulled pork sandwiches.  I have actually debated using this one in the challenge because the whole recipe called for making biscuits from scratch.  I was traveling with my food and didn't want to cram too much into the morning before I headed to the party I was cooking for and also wasn't sure how the biscuits would keep.  The pork itself turned out very well and was such an easy crockpot recipe that I will be making it again.  I figured that's enough to count it as a new recipe even without the biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails