Sunday, March 21, 2010

Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin and Beth Carson

I admit it.  I have an ongoing interest in the Gosselin family.  Not really the tabloid craziness of late or even Kate on Dancing with the Stars.  But I absolutely loved the show and loved the children and even found myself on Team Kate in the early days of the tabloid craziness.

All of this led me to read Multiple Blessings which is Kate's story about pre- and post-sextuplet (but pre-regular show) life in the Gosselin household.  I was interested to hear more about their lives at that time.  I think the book is frank, if somewhat self-serving in its justifications of her control freak/aggressive mama bear behavior.  The book also focuses heavily on Kate's relationship with God and her faith which can be off-putting, but also explains a lot about her own thought process and how she gets through each day.

I wouldn't tell anyone to go out and get this book, even if you have (or had) Gosselin fever, but I got it for free, so it wasn't a total waste of time.  There isn't much here that wasn't in the recap episodes or the original documentary piece, so if you've seen it all, you've already read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails