Wednesday, March 3, 2010

47 & 48 - Read 202 books and at least 1 non-fiction book per month.

I fell behind in my non-fiction reading for February, but I'm on a roll this month and plan to catch up.  This book was a gift from a family member to help me think outside-the-box about what it is I want to do in life other than my 101 things (amazing to think there might be even more than that!).  This is an interesting approach to defining and creating yourself as a brand and learning how to market yourself accordingly.

The methods suggested in this book are very Web 2.0 - using the internet and its latest social networking capabilities to establish yourself and your brand and open doors.  I am just a bit too old to be Gen Y (defined as starting at 1982), but I feel like I am savvy enough to have learned a lot and to be able to implement some of these techniques as I go forward in building my career. 

For those who already have a sense of a personal brand or a strong set of goals, the book can be extremely helpful.  I'd say it's a bit light on finding that brand if you're starting from zero, but there are some exercises that will yield results and start the thinking process.  All around a very interesting read and a useful new perspective on careers and technology.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails